Land of paddy fields and orchards
The village has existed under its current name since 1182. There is, in fact, a dispute documented in that year in which testimonies were produced relating to lands located in “Roverbella” which were subject to the payment of rent to the Parish church of Porto. The name “Roverbella” is mentioned again in full in 1206, in land lease contracts. The territory was already occupied by indigenous peoples long before the arrival of the Celts.
Numerous small archaeological sites have been identified in the Roverbella area which, taken as a whole, provide a fairly clear idea, if not a map, of the distribution of ancient settlements. These span a period ranging from the Neolithic period to the Copper Age, the Bronze Age and the Iron Age, and on up to the Roman period. Evidence of this last period comes not only from the numerous finds, but also from the Via Postumia, a vestige of the Roman consular road which skirts the north-western part of the Roverbella area.
47 m s.l.m.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!